View Issue Details
|have not tried
|0004480: Cross-document linking does not update on Recompute
This Bug report refers to the discussion https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51594&p=443097#p443097
The cross-document linking feature stopped working properly from an unspecified 0.19 version and above. I have detected the issue in the Spreadsheets only (I have never been able to make the cross-document linking work outside the Spreadsheet environment). The cross-document linkng feature is described here: https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Expressions
The expected behaviour of the cross-document linking, as it was working in FreeCAD old versions is:
- Having one Master file with a Spreadheet inside, an alias and a value is given to a cell
- Having a Slave file with a Spreadsheet inside, an expression is given to a cell with the expression "=Master_file_name#Master_Spreadsheet_name.alias_name"
- The value of the Master cell is changed
- The value of the slave cell is updated when Recompute action is done.
However in new Freecad versions, to update the slave cell value one of the next two actions is needed:
- Enter the slave cell to edit it, leave it as it is and press Enter
- Reopen the slave file
|Steps To Reproduce
|1- Open the attached Master.FCStd and Slave.FCStd files in this order
2- Open the Spreadsheet on Master file and change the B1 cell value to something diferent
3- Open the Spreadsheet on the Slave file and press the Recompute button on the toolbar
4- The B1 cell on Slave's Spreadsheet should be updated, but it is not.
|No tags attached.
|OS: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) (XFCE/lightdm-xsession)
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.22846 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.8.6
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)